Open Science Conference 2021
17 February 2021 @ 10:45 - 19 February 2021 @ 15:00
The Open Science Conference 2021 is the 8th international conference of the Leibniz Research Alliance Open Science. The annual conference is dedicated to the Open Science movement and provides a unique forum for researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other important stakeholders to discuss the latest and future developments in Open Science.
This year’s conference will especially focus on the effects and impact of (global) crises and associated societal challenges, such as the Corona pandemic or the climate change, to open research practices and science communication in the context of the digitisation of science. And vice versa, how open practices help to cope with crises. Overall, the conference addresses topics around Open Science such as:
- Effects and impact of current crises on open research practices and science communication
- Learnings from crises to sustainably ensure the opening of science in the future
- Innovations to support Open Science practices and their application and acceptance in scientific communities
- Scientific benefit of Open Science practices and their impact in society such as coping with crises
- Open Science education and science communication to different target groups in the broad public
For registration and programme please visit here.