GEO Virtual Symposium 2020
15 June 2020 - 19 June 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Group on Earth Observations has announced the format of the GEO Symposium 2020 to be held remotely from 15-19 June 2020. The global GEO community will benefit from a series of interactive webinars over the course of one week that will provide in-depth discussions from experts on a range of relevant issues to the GEO Work Programme Flagships, Initiatives and Activities.
At this first year of the 2020-2022 GEO Work Programme, the Symposium will focus on strengthening the capability of GEO Work Programme activities to implement their plans effectively. It will cover topics such as:
- Water and Coastal Observations
- Monitoring Essential Variables
- Focusing on Impact: Regional GEOs
- Co-designing Capacity Development
- Resource Mobilization and Sustainable Funding
- Contributing to Reproducible Knowledge
- Engaging UN Agencies and Intergovernmental Organizations
- Leveraging Advanced Technologies
Learn more about the foresseen sessions and register here!