ECSA & EU-Citizen.Science webinar: Lessons and insights from WeObserve
30 March 2021 @ 14:00 - 15:30
The next ECSA and EU-Citizen.Science webinar, being held on 30 March 2021 (14:00-15:30), focuses on our WeObserve project.
WeObserve tackles three key challenges that citizen observatories face: (1) awareness, (2) acceptability and (3) sustainability. Its overall mission is to create a sustainable ecosystem of citizen observatories that can systematically address these identified challenges and help move citizen science into the mainstream.
As the project draws to a conclusion, our team members will highlight what the project has learnt through its activities. Speakers include:
- Gerid Hager (IIASA) – WeObserve in a nutshell
- Uta Wehn (IHE Delft), Joan Maso (CREAF), Dilek Fraisl (IIASA) – WeObserve communities of practice: how to ‘do’ CoPs and some reflections
- Mel Woods (University of Dundee) – Accelerating the uptake of citizen observatories through MOOCs and open data challenges
- Joan Maso (CREAF), Valantis Tsiakos (ICCS) – Data interoperability and standardisation: using interoperability experiments and hackathons to address data-related challenges in citizen observatories
- Q&A session, Margaret Gold (Citizen Science Lab)